What is reputation protection?
Online reputation protection is a long-term strategy designed to fortify your branded search landscape against future unknown threats. Put simply, it’s proactive reputation management to immunize your company’s reputation and online identity.
Protect your reputation from these threats
Online reputation protection can shield your brand from many threats, but these six things top the list.
People can review everything online, including products, services and even gig-economy jobs. While they’re helpful to consumers, negative reviews can drastically affect brand reputation and drive down revenue. They can also turn away potential talent, investors, and business partners. This is especially harmful when reviews are fake.
Your best course of action is to remove bad Google reviews whenever possible. But sometimes sites like Ripoffreport.com won’t delete the review and you’ll need to take alternative action. Learn all about ripoff report removal here.
Reputation protection can also build immunity against damaging online statements. As fast as you may be to delete harmful content, others may be quicker. Screenshots and internet archives can make content difficult to remove once it’s been published, especially if it goes viral. Examples range from benign comments taken out of context to mudslinging from former employees. Even controversial tweets from an executive can impact brand reputation just as much as the CEO’s Reputation.
Companies have a duty and expectation to protect customer information, employee records, and other sensitive data. Preventing hacks and data breaches goes beyond securing networks and setting up access controls to making sure vendors and other business partners use shared data responsibly and securely. Loss of sensitive information can set off a viral news cycle and damage brand trust.
Copyright, patent, and trademark infringement is pervasive, and it can take a lot of resources to monitor. When others infringe on your IP without license, their bad business practices can reflect poorly on your brand. This damages your image and leaves you open to legal, operational, and reputational risk.
Few things can negatively impact a company’s stock price or sales projections like failing to meet a deadline or reach a financial goal. Set realistic expectations and deliver on promises to clients, employees, investors, partners, and regulators. Doing so will prevent unfavorable press and protect your reputation.
When your search results are cluttered with irrelevant content customers won’t be able to find your website. This can lead to higher CAC when you have to buy your own branded advertisements, as well as customers moving on to your competitors. We can help you restructure your search profile to reflect your company.
Nobody can see the future, and it’s almost impossible to know what it might bring, no matter how well you plan for every contingency. Building a positive reputation online is the best way to protect against future crises.
Reputation protection shields brands from attacks
The first rule of online reputation protection is recognizing that it requires a sustained effort to fortify your digital presence. Your brand’s reputation can be ruined in just a few minutes unless you take a deliberate, strategic approach to defending it.
- Strike First: Crisis management starts before a situation develops. Share your brand’s narrative before someone else writes a less favorable one for you.
- Flaunt Your Assets: Your website, social media accounts, and business profiles should reflect your brand’s values. They can also provide a buffer against negative search results.
- Amplify Your Expertise: Establish your brand as an industry expert by publishing in-depth, well-written content that sparks discussion and demonstrates authority and credibility. Write articles on your own site as well as industry websites and blogs.
- Promote Your CSR Efforts: The best way to build a fortress around your brand is by developing and promoting your corporate social responsibility program.
- Diversify Search Results: It isn’t enough to just push out tons of positive news. You’ll need to cultivate a variety of content within your search engine results to hold back negative news. Diversify your Google results with images, video, and editorial content from a wide variety of sources.
Ask us how we can protect your brand from future reputation threats.
Why Choose Us?
Our team understands what it takes to recover from the worst crises imaginable, and we have the track record to prove it. It’s vital to include brand protection when narrowing down your top choices for online reputation management services. Being prepared makes recovery more effective.
Your reputation is valuable and should be entrusted to the industry leaders, not an inexperienced company with bargain pricing and shady tactics.
- We have extensive experience managing online reputations for the largest companies in the world for over a decade.
- We don’t lease reputation management software, we build it from the ground up. This gives us an unprecedented competitive advantage when developing your brand protection strategy.
- We’re experts in SEO, content writing, software engineering and public relations.
Contact us now to learn about our custom-built, proactive reputation management strategies.