Bad things happen to good people all the time. A simple mistake could lead to a bad review, or an executive might make a damaging statement on social media. Whatever the reason, it’s important to have a versatile set of online reputation repair tools handy.
If you want your internet reputation repair strategy to be successful, you’ll need to identify the problem. Search Google, Bing, Yahoo and social networks to find any negative mentions of your company. Next, attempt to remove negative search results and delete bad Google reviews if you can.
While it’s difficult to remove negative content, it is possible with the right tools and skillset. You’ll need to leverage public relations and SEO reputation management as well as promote positive content about your company. Furthermore, it’s important to establish your social media presence if you hope to fix your online reputation.
These 20 online reputation repair tools will help you put your best foot forward on the internet. Use them to find negative content and monitor for brand mentions. Dive in and you’ll be well on your way to patching up your online reputation. However, if you’d prefer we do it for you, Connect with our team to learn about our white glove reputation management services.
Powerful Tools to Repair Your Online Reputation
- Google Yourself: Check Google search results for your name, your brand, and other associated terms. You can’t fix your reputation until you know what all the issues are.
- Google Alerts: This tool takes brand monitoring a step further. Google Alerts sends you notifications each time the search engine discovers a keyword that you’re tracking.
- SocialMention: Using this social search tool, you can discover what’s being said about you on blogs, videos, images, and more.
- Spokeo: What does the Internet know about your contact information? Check out Spokeo to see information like your email, phone, usernames, and address. It’s important to correct any inaccurate information. Conversely, you may want to hide this sensitive information from the public eye.
- Ahrefs: Explore this tool to discover backlinks to your site and see where your brand is being linked to online.
- Complaint Website Search: If you have angry customers, they may have complained online. While Ripoff Report removal is nearly impossible, knowing about complaints can help you address them in other ways.
- BackTweets: Find out about links to your website from Twitter using this tool so you can see who is talking about your brand and join the conversation.
- Google Removal: Google recommends that you contact website owners directly to remove content they’ve published. But in special situations, Google will remove information from search results. These include sensitive information like your bank account number or signature, as well as offensive images. Our expert team can do the work for you. Contact us now to learn about our white-glove reputation repair services.
- Google Dashboard: Google’s very own online reputation management tool will allow you to repair and manage your reputation by searching for yourself, creating a Google profile, removing unwanted content, and getting notifications when your personal data appears online.
- Google Spam Report: If your reputation is being damaged by a spammy or otherwise unethical website, don’t hesitate to sic Google on them. File a spam report in Google Webmaster Tools to have the search engine investigate the link.
- Website Grader: How well are you handling your online outreach and marketing? Use HubSpot’s Marketing Grader to see your performance and how you can improve.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act: If a person or website is using your copyrighted material inappropriately, you can do something about it. Send a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA) notice to have it removed. Content can include photos, text, and other intellectual property.
- WordPress: Getting active on social media is a great way to repair your reputation — and so is building your own website or blog. Use WordPress to easily develop an online presence that you can use to improve your reputation.
- Domain registrars: Register your domain on GoDaddy, Namecheap or a similar site. This will help you build your authority online and push down negative results.
- Help a Reporter Out: Expert mentions are a great way to establish trust and repair your online reputation, especially when they’re earned. Use HARO to connect directly with journalists and get free publicity as an expert source.
- Quora: This is another great way to establish yourself as an expert online because you can answer questions with authority.
- Hootsuite: Getting connected on social media is essential to building your reputation. Hootsuite will help you manage it all. Build your audience, promote your brand, and connect with customers.